Africa West Field Strategy Coordinator Daniel Gomis suggests the following activities to support relief efforts:
- Have a time of fasting and a time of prayer at least once a week
- Pray for God to bind any fear and loose peace in the hearts of the people of West Africa
- Pray for our district superintendents, pastors, leaders, and churches in Liberia, Sierra Leone, and Guinea Conakry, that the Lord will use them powerfully as agents of hope and salt and light of Jesus in these difficult days
- Pray for God’s wisdom and protection over the medical doctors and health personnel in the Ebola-affected countries
- Pray for God’s wisdom for the head of nations and decision makers in Sierra Leone, Liberia, and Guinea Conakry
- Inform and educate by checking the World Health Organization and International SOS websites for updates
To contribute toward relief efforts through Nazarene Compassionate Ministries, click here.
Funds contributed through the Africa Emergency Relief Fund will go toward Ebola education programs, prevention and hygiene supplies, and food and vitamins for individuals and families in affected communities.