(Argentina CNSAM). The missionary team planting a church in Córdoba, Argentina, has begun working and is seeing God’s hand in a big way.
The 40/40 missionary team planting a Church of the Nazarene in Córdoba, arrived in the project city on May 22, 2015. The first few weeks of their time were spent getting to know people in their neighborhood and fixing up their house. Roughly a month after the missionary team arrived, a short term volunteer team from North Dakota, USA came to help the missionaries make contacts with many residents of Córdoba, from June 22 to 29.
This group of 10 volunteers from the United States helped the missionary team in the following events:
• Woman’s Event in a plaza near downtown, where women came to receive facials, and the missionaries spent quality time talking to them. Although it was an event directed towards woman, there were activities for children and men as well. The event ended with a giveaway raffle of beauty products.
• Prayer walk throughout the city, an all-day event to pray for the city of Córdoba, for Argentina, and for the missionary team. It was a powerful day of prayer and a time for the 40/40s and the volunteers to get to know one another.
• Passing out water and church information on magnets in a local plaza and intersection.
• Flash mob and evangelistic drama in various plazas. The volunteers performed the Lifehouse “Everything” skit after getting people’s attention with a flash mob. Following the skit there was an explanation of the skit and the missionaries talked to people interested in knowing more about the church.
• Children’s event in a plaza full of vendors, which involved songs and dances, and a maze that included the colors of the salvation story. Over thirty children attended, and each one received a small snack and heard the salvation message.
• Evangelistic film, where the volunteers attracted people with a flash mob and followed it by showing the film “From the Dark.”
Through the various events, the missionaries were able to meet many people. There are already three cell groups that are starting as a result of the evangelism events, and there are more people interested in hosting their own cell groups as well.
The missionaries have started the paperwork to rent a church space and are trusting on the Lord’s perfect timing for the church inauguration soon. The team is planning to host its first spiritual retreat in the first part of August.
Continue to pray for the missionary team as they meet new people and follow up with the contacts met with the volunteer team from the States.
Source: Ashley Hoffner.