(Uruguay CNSAM). On May 24, 2015, the South Uruguay District in the city of Montevideo organized a special event remembering the day of Pentecost.
This event was held at the Church of the Nazarene in Tres Cruces (located at Bahia Blanca 2464) and was attended by most of the churches that make up the district as well as the special visit by the Rev. Juan Jose Zani, Field Strategy Coordinator of the Southern Cone, accompanied by his wife.
At this meeting, there were also participating: musical groups from the Iglesia Piedras (Stones Church) and Iglesia de Tres Cruces (Three Crosses Church), a vocal choir from the host church and dance performances by Iglesia Torre Fuerte (Strong Tower Church).
With an attendance of 350 people, the main emphasis was to give glory to God for the gift of the Holy Spirit. In this worship celebration was a time of prayer where the superintendent, Rev. Adhemar Charlin, put emphasis on the need of Uruguay to have the church.
The word of God brought by Rev. Juan Jose Zani, made a call to be:
• A church committed, to persevere in bringing glory to Jesus Christ, showing everyone that we are saved and that He is Lord.
• A church empowered by the Holy Spirit.
• A church that impacts their context, is an influential church.
• A church of love, for there can be no change in the nation if we do not share what we have received, especially the love of God.
• A church with joy, the joy of salvation.
Concluding that we must live this Upper Room and joy of Pentecost. He made an altar call where the pastoral staff gathered and prayed for the church to be renewed by the power of the Holy Spirit.
Source: Rev. Adhemar Charlin
Translation: Janet Reinhart, volunteer missionary